For the convenience of contributors, these are the dates by which we need material for the ADS magazine, The Whip, and for The Wheelhorse newsletter.
January Wheelhorse - December 15
February Whip - December 15
March Wheelhorse - February 15
April Wheelhorse - March 15
May Whip - March 15
June Wheelhorse - May 15
July Wheelhorse - June 15
August Whip - June 15
September Wheelhorse - August 15
October Wheelhorse - September 15
November Whip - September 15
December Wheelhorse - November 15
A note on photos: Please send high-resolution digital images, at least 300 dpi when no smaller than 4x6 inches. Bigger is better! Email stories and photos directly to Abbie Trexler at email@example.com
Do you have a fun driving fact you would like to share? Got a great "driving story" to tell? Is your club having an event? We want to hear from you!
Abbie Trexler, Editor
Current Issue: October 19
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the above document.
Interested in being a contributor? Contact us!
Abbie Trexler, Editor
The Whip magazine is The American Driving Society's exclusive member publication. It is distributed to all members, through direct mail, 4 times a year and features award winning articles, features and editorials. If you want to know what is going on in the sport of carriage driving you can't afford not to be a member and receive this wonderful publication.
ALL NEW Remembrance advertising.
Memorialize your carriage horse with Remembrance advertising in the official journal of the ADS.
Full page color: $225
Full page black and white: $193
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your ad space in The Whip.
TIPS FOR CONTRIBUTORS
We welcome your stories and your photos! Interested in writing for us? Send us a 50-word proposal on your suggested topic! Please review the following when submitting material for consideration:
Thinking of writing something for the Whip?
Areas where we often need editorial content are:
* Event Coverage—have you attended a recreational drive, a pleasure driving show, a CDE, a clinic or other driving event that would be of interest to other readers? Tell us about it! Suggested length 1000 words or less.
* Our Partners, Our Friends—Do you know a driving horse or pony with an unusual history? Suggested length 500-750 words.
* Paying It Forward—This column is a chance to highlight the actions of someone you know, or know of, whose helpfulness, generosity or energy have made a difference either to an individual in the driving community or to the community at large. Suggested length 500 words.
* Personal Opinion—Is there a driving issue you feel strongly about? Let us (and the rest of the ADS membership) hear about it. Suggested length: 500 words.
Submissions will be considered based on need/content and will be edited to adhere to The Whip's style guide. Please send stories to the editor via email as attached MS Word documents. The Whip retains First North American Serial Rights (FNASR) to all submissions and reserves the right to reject any submissions.
Please share your photographs.
Most of the stories above need photos. To make yours the best possible, here are some guidelines:
* Shoot the highest quality available on your camera. The larger the file size, the clearer the picture will be, and the larger we can print it. At a MINIMUM for quality, we need 300 dpi at size 4x6 inches. Cell phone photos are generally of insufficient quality to print.
* Get a BIG memory card for your camera to avoid running out of space for large files. 1 or 2 Gigabyte memory cards are now quite affordable.
* Don’t try to “fix” the photo with enhancements, corrections, etc. Sometimes photo-editing software makes the picture less useable for us; if there is a problem, we can probably fix it.
* The best way to send us photographs: Email them at the highest resolution to email@example.com.
* Please send a nice selection of photos for us to choose from.
We can’t wait to see what you send.
Thank you to our full page advertisers!
Many thanks to our full page color advertisers in the August issue of The Whip.
Advertising in The Whip is a great way to promote your next event or show, sell equines and equipment, advertise your business, or celebrate a great season, all while supporting the organization that supports you.
Did you know that we design your ad free of charge * and email blast all full page color ads to our list of over 7,000 carriage driving enthusiasts?
Next deadline is September 12.
Don't miss out on this huge opportunity to promote your business and horses in the official magazine of The American Driving Society, Inc.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to place your ad!
*Ad design is free for the first hour. Additional hours will be billed - Abbie will let you know if additional hours are needed.
The Omnibus is printed and bound with the May and November issues of The Whip, and mails to all ADS members. This important publication lists pertinent details about all the ADS recognized competitions and recreational drives. Each competition and drive also has an online Omnibus page, on which drivers can find the most current event information.
The November issue lists all the competitions that fall in the January - June months of the upcoming year and the May issue is for competitions that happen in the July - December months.
Deadline for 2020 Omnibus V1: September 15, 2019.
Deadline for 2020 Omnibus V2: March 15, 2020.
ADS Media Kit
Promote your business or organization with the leading carriage driving organization in the United States. Our publications are direct mailed to over 3,500 members and are distributed at over 90 different competitions and events nation wide.
If you are interested in advertising with the ADS please contact Abbie Trexler at 530-902-8065 or at email@example.com
The Whip, published quarterly by The American Driving Society, Inc. has won numerous awards in design and editorial from American Horse Publications. It contains news and official business of the ADS, educational articles for all level of drivers, reports on national and international competition, features on drivers and trainers, a section for young drivers, and commentaries by notable driving personalities. It is richly illustrated with photographs and illustrations, and advertisements for driving horses, vehicles, harnesses, and associated services and equipment are found in each issue.
Publication dates and deadlines:
Click here to see Writer’s Guidelines
The Wheelhorse, published eight times a year, is a lively, informal newsletter that keeps members up-to-date. Classified advertising only.
Material for The Wheelhorse should be directed to the editor, Abbie Trexler at firstname.lastname@example.org
With a passion for design and the desire to work one-on-one with clients to develop high quality, eye-catching designs,
I decided to start my own company, The Creative Perspective, in 2004. Prior to starting my business, I was the Creative Director for a local advertising agency, working with a variety of clients on projects including logo design, trade show graphics, brochures, publications, marketing collateral materials, packaging, and much more!
ADS has been a client of mine since 2007, and I value the partnership I have with the team and take pride in developing marketing solutions to help them succeed.
My experience riding horses has been limited and quite a 'comedy of errors,' so I'll stick to playing tennis, cycling and spending time with my hubby Michael.
The Creative Perspective, LLC
2016 Park St, Ste 5, PO Box 278
Cross Plains, WI 53528, USA