The Whip Magazine
Interested in being a contributor? Contact us!
Abbie Trexler, Editor
The Whip magazine is The American Driving Society's exclusive member publication. It is distributed to all members, through direct mail, 4 times a year and features award winning articles, features and editorials. If you want to know what is going on in the sport of carriage driving you can't afford not to be a member and receive this wonderful publication.
ALL NEW Remembrance advertising.
Memorialize your carriage horse with Remembrance advertising in the official journal of the ADS.
Full page color: $225
Full page black and white: $193
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your ad space in The Whip.
TIPS FOR CONTRIBUTORS
We welcome your stories and your photos! Interested in writing for us? Send us a 50-word proposal on your suggested topic! Please review the following when submitting material for consideration:
Thinking of writing something for the Whip?
Areas where we often need editorial content are:
* Event Coverage—have you attended a recreational drive, a pleasure driving show, a CDE, a clinic or other driving event that would be of interest to other readers? Tell us about it! Suggested length 1000 words or less.
* Our Partners, Our Friends—Do you know a driving horse or pony with an unusual history? Suggested length 500-750 words.
* Paying It Forward—This column is a chance to highlight the actions of someone you know, or know of, whose helpfulness, generosity or energy have made a difference either to an individual in the driving community or to the community at large. Suggested length 500 words.
* Personal Opinion—Is there a driving issue you feel strongly about? Let us (and the rest of the ADS membership) hear about it. Suggested length: 500 words.
Submissions will be considered based on need/content and will be edited to adhere to The Whip's style guide. Please send stories to the editor via email as attached MS Word documents. The Whip retains First North American Serial Rights (FNASR) to all submissions and reserves the right to reject any submissions.
Please share your photographs.
Most of the stories above need photos. To make yours the best possible, here are some guidelines:
* Shoot the highest quality available on your camera. The larger the file size, the clearer the picture will be, and the larger we can print it. At a MINIMUM for quality, we need 300 dpi at size 4x6 inches. Cell phone photos are generally of insufficient quality to print.
* Get a BIG memory card for your camera to avoid running out of space for large files. 1 or 2 Gigabyte memory cards are now quite affordable.
* Don’t try to “fix” the photo with enhancements, corrections, etc. Sometimes photo-editing software makes the picture less useable for us; if there is a problem, we can probably fix it.
* The best way to send us photographs: Email them at the highest resolution to email@example.com.
* Please send a nice selection of photos for us to choose from.
We can’t wait to see what you send.