Change to Rule Change Process
There has been a change to the ADS Rule Change Process Calendar in 2022. In an effort to better serve the ADS membership with a timelier Rulebook each year, the Rule Change Process Calendar will change to the following dates:
- April 30: Submit Rule Change Suggestions by April 30 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 1-15: Rulebook Committee publishes red-line PDF compilation of RCSs by May 15 for tech committees to review.
- May 15-June 1: Tech committees review and/or add to the RCS compilation, mark each with either Accepted, Accepted with Changes, or Not Accepted, by June 1.
- June 1-July 1: The Rulebook Committee amends the RCS document to a Rule Change Proposals (RCPs) document, publishes it by July 1 via website forum for 30-day member comment period.
- July 2-Aug 1: Member comments accepted by on the Rulebook Forum or via email to email@example.com
- Aug 15: Rulebook Committee compiles member comments, send compiled comments to tech committees by Aug 15.
- Aug 15-Sept 1: Tech committees have the opportunity to make changes to the RCPs by Sept 1.
- Sept 15: Board receives report on adherence to process from Rulebook Committee at Fall BOD meeting, views redline RCPs in a Rulebook DRAFT, votes to approve RCPs.
- Dec 1: Approved RCPs are included in the next Rulebook, with an effective date of Jan 1.
FEI Rule Changes will only be adopted as Extraordinary Rule Changes in cases of safety, and will otherwise be filed as Rule Change Suggestions for the following year.